Snow! Inches, and inches, fell this week covering the parts of the East Coast. I admit, I was kind of jealous. I happen to like snow, and there hasn't been hardly any where we live this year, so I've been yearning for some feathery white stuff! The newscasters, announced loads of cancellations for schools, businesses, etc. It seemed everyone was upset and unsettled by it. That part of the country seemed to put it's life on hold, while dealing with blizzard-like conditions.
I just wonder how many people who saw the snow piling up, realized that it was part of the majestic display of the Creator. The Creator, who was trying so desperately to get their attention, because He loves them. He was just wanting them to look beyond their selfish lives to wonder, if there could be more to this life. Forcing their hectic lives to come to a standstill so they would stop and behold the wonder of it all.
The words to the song "Indescribable" (written by Laura Story & Jesse Reeves) came to my mind.
First verse:
From the highest of heights to the depths of sea,
Creation's revealing Your majesty.
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring,
Ev'ry creature unique in the song that is sings.
all exclaiming:
Chorus:
Indescribable, uncontainable;
You placed the stars in the sky,
and You know them by name.
You are amazing, God;
All powerful, un-tamable, Awestruck, we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing, God. You are amazing, God.
Second verse:
Who has told every lighting bolt where it should go Or see heavenly storehouses laden with snow? Who imagined the sun and gives source to it's light Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night? None can fathom.
These words just sum it up so well. Our Creator, the God of the universe, so desperately wants to have a relationship with us, that He shows forth his handiwork, all around us. If we would just stop, take the time to look and think about it all. There is just now way, we could have "evolved" to this point! There had to have been a creator to design all of this majesty.
I am just thankful, for the chance to see God in the little and big things. So grateful that I have the opportunity to have a incredible relationship with Him. And the occasion to share him with others around even through a intricate snowflake that falls to the ground (or in my case, a translucent rain drop!).
Blessings to all......
No comments:
Post a Comment