
I love to shop! I will state that right now, I have no qualms and in telling this known fact about myself. However, I don’t always buy things while out. A lot of times, I just window shop and dream about the stuff I would love to buy!
Now I realize that not everyone shares this trait, but I’m sure most of you can relate to this story.
Now I realize that not everyone shares this trait, but I’m sure most of you can relate to this story.
I was out shopping, (the place shall remain nameless because I go there way to often…) and proceeded to grab a cart to put my purchases in. This cart had issues! Have you ever gotten a cart like that before? It never ceases to happen when I’m in a hurry, and inevitably end up with a cart that has it’s own inclinations. So I began steering this crazy thing down the aisle, while trying to avoid people and things. I quickly stopped, realizing there was definitely a problem. After taking a closer look at this, I discovered the problem. One lone wheel, wanted to go it’s own direction, instead of following the other three. Because of this, it’s made it nearly impossible for me to navigate. AHHHH! I fumed to myself. By the time I had made my discovery, I didn't want to walk back to the front and pick another one. So I dealt with it!
However, it gave a got me to thinking about spiritual things. How often do I give God, three-quarters of my life and hang on to the other quarter. I want to do it my way, and think I know what is best. Then as He is guiding me down life’s highway, I keep jerking and tugging, making His job all that more harder.
You know sometimes you can whack the cart’s wheel with your foot and get it back on track, and then other times it’s not so easy.
I’m sure that is what my Heavenly Father has to do to me to get my attention. He sends the Holy Spirit to give me a nudge every so often, telling me to get back line and fully cooperate with what God is trying to do with my life. And other times, it’s more than nudge, it’s major correction and discipline. He stops me in my path, and lets me know that whatever is causing the problem has to go, otherwise, it’s not going to work.
In Hebrews 12:5-6 NIV we find these words,
“And have you forgotten that word of encouragement that address my sons: “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son”.”
It’s refreshing to know, that God loves me and wants the best for me, all parts of my life. And I need to give Him control, and when I don’t, be ready to accept the discipline for my selfish actions.
The moral of the story: be careful with the cart you pick, especially one with a bad fourth wheel! And make sure your Heavenly Father is in control of your entire life, so you will have a smooth ride. If not, the Spirit will be there to correct you! (because God loves you so much!)
This article I just wrote for Victory Fellowship's (Auburn, Wa) Women's Ministry Newsletter, February issue.
1 comment:
Ok, so you either you jinxed (sp?) me or God was reminding me of what you said because I read this this morning and then went to run errands...both stores I got a bum shopping cart :)
Post a Comment