Monday, August 18, 2008

Just rollin' along.....


Tuesday afternoon, I sat down for a few minutes at my computer. About five minutes later (give or take a few) I turned my head, just in time to see my kids running down the hall with a roll of toilet paper! I got up and walked over to the hallway, and there was two individual "white" paths, one leading to my room another to Rebekah's. And thankfully I had intercepted the making of a third one. I'm still wondering how they did it so fast and without me noticing!!

Chris came home and found the "remnants" all over the place. He asked me if I had disciplined them. Well......I have to admit they only got slightly scolded. After all it was half my fault for not paying attention. And to be perfectly honest, I thought it was pretty funny. When I saw their ingenuity of keeping themselves occupied, I was amazed.


It's been a crazy week, full of emotional ups and downs and I knew I could have just went off the deep end and got upset. But I chose not too. I guess, for a moment, I realized I was just making memories with them. In twenty years or so, my kids will be gone and there no more little footsteps running around the house, no more toys underfoot, no more cereal in my bed, no more potatoes growing underneath my bed (yes, you heard right, my daughter found one just the other day much to my consternation!), no more lost pacifiers, no more little hands demanding to be washed, and no more cheeks to kissed and hugged. So I'm seizing the this crazy moment of motherhood and loving my children, even when they make crazy messes and I am left with toilet paper shreds!

I'm just rollin' along with life. Hope this to brings a smile to your face, and encourages your heart. Seize the day, and enjoy the moment!!!













1 comment:

1 Loved Family! said...

Wow I needed to hear this...thanks!