Just a little reflection on the way that people can have a positive influence on our lives. I met a wonderful older woman, at our new church when we started attending last spring/summer. She was so sweet and had such a caring personality about her. I got to know her even more, this past spring as she was our group leader in our Thursday Beth Moore Bible Study. She had been struggling with her health off and on, but was so active in ministry. Nothing seemed to slow her down. She was amazing! And I was looking forward to getting to know her even more.
Yesterday morning, we learned that she had a stroke and was in a coma. As I was reflecting on her yesterday afternoon, during the gorgeous spring day, I felt bad that she was lying in a coma and couldn't enjoy the day. But then I realized that was pretty selfish of me, when in reality she was getting ready to go enjoy the eternal Sonshine!! And late yesterday afternoon, she did get to go enjoy the SON!
I didn't get to know Bertha for that long of time. But what I little I saw of her life, she reflected God in her life, actions and character. She also was a wonderful example of being in ministry regardless of age. I know that she has had a positive impact on my life.
I just want to encourage you, that you never know who you might influence with your life. Just be sure that God's Sonlight, is reflecting in your soul, so that others can be inspired to be that kind of Christian, by what they see in you!
Blessings my dear readers........
No comments:
Post a Comment