Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Enjoying the warmth...

One of my favorite things to do, is to stand in front of the oven when it's on, with the door slightly ajar, and let my hands feel the warmth that billows out. I also get to enjoy the tantalizing aroma of whatever is baking at the time, whether its a coffee cake, a batch of brownies or a nice roasted chicken. I've done this ever since I lived at home. Just ask my mother. It would drive her nuts. Her favorite phrase (with an exasperated tone of voice) was, "Shut the door, so it (whatever it was at the time!) can finish baking." I guess that is one thing I haven't outgrown.......... yet!


It did get me thinking about God. When we sit and absorb(read) God's Word it's like standing in front of the oven absorbing the warmth. We find joy and delight while reading through the scripture. It gives us marvelous glimpses of our Heavenly Father and what He has done and continues to do for us. Or perhaps we feel the "warmth" as we bask in His presence during worship service at church. It's amazing to know that the Holy Spirit is so busy at work in our lives, that when we feel God's "warmth", all we know is that we want and need more of it! Isn't that awesome?

Be encouraged this week, to seek out God and find delight in His "warmth". Then enjoy and bask in it! The Holy Spirit is doing his job of drawing us closer to the Savior.


"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4


"But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he mediates day and night." Psalm 1:2


"I delight to do your will, O my God, and your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8


And in closing, if I ever come and visit your house, and you are baking something, beware! You might just find me huddled in front of the oven warming my hands!

Blessing my dear readers.......

1 comment:

arabelle marie said...

Hi LeAnn,

Thank you for that sweet reminder of God's warmth. What you said about worship is so true. I need some warmth today--maybe some fresh-baked cookies too.

ara