How many hugs per day do you need to stay emotionally healthy? The answer: 4-10! Can you believe it? (http://www.wikianswers.com/)
Four to ten hugs a day to stay emotionally healthy, wow! Many days I do not get my quota. Yes, I do receive awesome hugs from my kids and husband, but sometimes I just need a hug to remind me, that even though I'm a mom and a wife, I'm still a friend to someone else. When someone gives me a hug, it lets me know how much they appreciate me. A couple of weeks ago, I was on the receiving end of several great hugs, when we visited our old church. It was awesome to see our friends and get squeezes of appreciation!
I love to give hugs as well, because it's a fun blessing to pass along to someone else. I know that some of us may not be very "touchy/feely/huggy" people. But when we give other's a hug, it's is amazing how much someone can respond. I think there are a lot of emotionally starved people in this world (and often in our own circle of friends/acquaintances) that need the physical affirmation that they do matter. It is our job as Christians to share love and compassion with others, even if it is in a form a hug.
So go hug someone today! Tell them you love, appreciate them and that they are special to you and to GOD!!
Blessings..........(and thanks to all my friends and family who have given me hugs and blessed my day! I'm grateful!)
2 comments:
Here's a long distance hug...wish I could give it in person and go to coffee :(.
Iwish I could get your hug and give you one too!!! (of course we have to have a mocha as well!) Miss you lots.
Love,
LeAnn
Post a Comment