Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dandelions- God's little yellow blessings......


I believe God created dandelions just for kids! My son just loves to bring me handfuls of these yellow gems. My heart overflows with love when he hands them to me and says, "flowers for you mommy!" They might just be little yellow flowers growing hapzardly around the yard, but my son thinks they are special. He knows that when he brings me fistfuls of dandelions he will get a big smile and often a hug in return. I love the energy and effort he puts forth into picking them. But as a mom, it's not so much the gift that makes me smile, but simply the fact that he is my son and I love him. I know that my children are a blessing from God. (and certainly a way, to teach to me more things about my relationship with Him!)


How much more does God loves us and think we are beautiful simply because He created us. It's awesome to think how much joy we bring to our Heavenly Father when we bring our simple "dandelions" of service and obedience to Him. The following scriptures seems to sum it up:

"Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You." Psalm 139:16-18 NKJV


I think its just so incredible, that God has thoughts about me, and not just a few but lots of them. It makes me feel blessed to know the Creator of the Universe cares and loves me so much. It doesn't seem like enough to give my whole life back to Him when He has done so much for me. But I will put engery and love into the "dandelions" I bring to Him, and knowing that He will be happy for my gift, but most of all He will be happy because I am His CHILD and I belong to Him.

2 comments:

linny said...

LeAnn, This was wonderful! I have always enjoied reading things have a written. You are truely blessed at writing.I love your insight on things and I can't wait to see what you have to say next week. Thanks for sharing this with me. It really brighten my day!

Hugs,

Linda M.

1 Loved Family! said...

Wow! You have a gift to write! Thanks for sharing your gift of writing and friendship with me. Miss you soooo much! Love, Steph